On Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 7:30 p.m., we will hold our Annual Meeting via Zoom. The Zoom info will be shared in a forthcoming email. At the Annual Meeting we will announce the results of the election for Directors and elect officers for the next year.
If you are interested in running for an open Board position, please send us an email on the OBHA webpage at https://orchardbrook.org/administration/board-of-directors/email-the-obha-board/ Each candidate will need to submit a petition with at least ten (10) signatures to be eligible to participate in the election voting.
At the time of this writing, there are four (4) open Board of Director positions available. Below are a few guidelines to be aware of about the election process:
- Voting shall be conducted by secret ballot
- Each property Owner is permitted to cast 4 total votes (for the three expiring seats and one open seat on the Board). Cumulative voting shall be permitted.
- If you choose to vote in person, please stop by the Clubhouse between 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. on Dec. 7 and cast your vote.
- We will have paper ballots available and will socially distance while coordinating the process.
- We will report the voting results at the meeting starting at 7:30 pm
With respect to cumulative voting, because there are four elected positions on the ballot, every home gets to cast a total of 4 votes. These 4 votes can be cast however the homeowner wants, including more than one vote for one candidate.
Vote by Proxy: According to Article 5.5, people may email their votes to our Secretary, Terese Kaput and she will submit your votes on your behalf. This must be received by 5pm Tuesday 12/7 in order to be included. At the proper time, please include your name, address, & votes to email@example.com
Also, in the next week we will be finalizing our research and determine if we can leverage a popular online app that many communities use for online voting. A link to the software can be viewed here including an informative video.
We hope everyone will have a chance to participate in our Annual Meeting and have a wonderful holiday season.
OBHA Board of Directors