Orchard Brook Car Break-Ins, Be Alert
Sunday January 19th, at least of 4 cars were broken into on or near Snowberry Court between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. It appears that these vehicles were not locked and the thieves opened the cars, heavily ransacked them, yet took nothing. The Police were called and believe that the criminals were looking for keys to steal the cars. The Police also noted that there have been several other such incidents in Downers Grove lately.
This serves as a good reminder to all of us to take appropriate precautions including, but not limited to: Lock your cars; Do not leave valuables or keys in your cars; Turn on your outside lights; Be vigilant for suspicious activity near your and your neighbors’ homes; and call the Police if you see anything suspicious.
Thank you and stay safe,
The OBHA Board
What you can do:
- Report suspicious activity immediately by calling 911
- Keep the perimeter of your property well lit
- Keep doors and windows secured
- Immediately repair any broken windows, doors or locks
- If video surveillance is available, save and make a copy of the incident for investigating detectives
- If you are a victim do not touch anything, call police immediately
- Do not leave valuables or bags inside your vehicle
What’s Going On?
Friday & Saturday September 20 & 21, 2019 – Community Wide Garage Sale
Monday, September 2, 2019 Last day to swim – pool closes at the end of the day
Get eMail updates!
When there is something going on in the community, we send information by eMail as well as posting to the website. Get on the list to get in the know and to update your directory information, visit the Directory page. For minor changes, just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
There is an Orchard Brook group on Facebook that has 200+ members. If you are a Facebook user, check out Orchard Brook Homeowners.