About the pool
2021 Pool Season Announcement
It is with great excitement that we are able to announce that the OBHA pool will be open for this season commencing on Memorial Day weekend. Below is important information that align with the IDPH pool guidelines for both the Bridge Phase and Phase Five for Covid-19 pool related operations.
In partnership with Chicagoland Pool Management (our new management firm), we conducted a benchmark study to understand best practices that many local pools are implementing for this 2021 season. The Board of Directors along with the volunteer efforts of resident Kellie DeVilbiss created an easy-to-follow presentation that outlines the pool rules for this year. Please refer to the PDF document attached to this message.
As a reminder, the pool will be open weather permitting including a minimum temperature of 70 degrees. As such, the current weather forecast for this Saturday is 62 and we all know that this can change over the next 48 hours in either direction. In anticipation for this weather, the pool will be open from noon to 4:00 on Saturday for an “open house” of the pool area and locker rooms. Also, please take this opportunity to make a short visit and fill out the required waiver which will be available in hardcopy at the check-in table.
We are pleased to share that guests will be allowed at the pool starting with Phase Five as determined by the IDPH guidelines. Make sure to reference the attached PDF document with reference links to the CDC Pool Operating Guide and the IDPH Guidelines for detailed information. All guests must pay for admission whether they decide to swim or not. Guest passes can be purchased in the following ways.
- $4 per person.
- Group of 10 or more people = $3 per guest
- A block of 20 passes = $50
- The pool does not open unless the temperature is at least 70. If the pool is closed due to inclement weather, the facility does not re-open for the remainder of the day.
- Open lap swim is available from 10:30 am – 11:30 am. This is dedicated to swimmers of all ages.
- The baby pool is for toddlers and children under 7 years of age. Because there is NO lifeguard in the baby pool area, parents MUST be with children at all times.
- Gaga Pit is open.
- Adult swim will be scheduled M-F from 5:45 – 6:30 pm unless there is a swim meet.
- Swim meets this year are on June 10, 15, 24, and 29.
- Our WiFi password is OBPOOL89
POOL HOURS OF OPERATION – STANDARD HOURS
Friday June 11 Start of regular season
Monday – Friday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
CONCESSIONS ARE OPEN
The Clubhouse Concessions amenity will reopen this year with a few new features and service engagements.
- Expanded menu includes flavored pop, juice boxes, candy of the week, and ice for when needed for a cold drink to repack your cooler.
- Expect to see a new cart that will be making rounds throughout the day to make it easier to enjoy our menu.
- We will be located under the deck on the left side of the double doors. A bar setup will allow kids of all ages to enjoy a cold drink on a stool and enjoy a break.
- A microwave will be accessible at the bar area for everyone’s convenience.
- We are researching the logistics of creating a member account system that can accept credit card payments with weekly reconciliation.
- And last but not least, we are interviewing different food truck operators to visit our parking lot on select weekdays and weekends. Stay tuned for future details.
If anyone would like to join the Pool Committee to help us develop creative ideas on how to make our pool an even greater experience, please contact me directly to learn how to get involved. Send a message with this link.
Come on in… the water’s GREAT!
Orchard Brook maintains a complex of two heated swimming pools for the benefit of residents. There is a 25-yard lap pool and a kiddie pool. The pools (like the clubhouse) are largely paid for by the annual assessment, with additional funding from guest fees and other pool activities.
Most years the pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Swimming lessons are available. There is a swim team for youngsters ages 5-18.
The pool is one of the features that makes Orchard Brook unique. Downers Grove
does not have a public, outdoor swimming facility, and many residents join local
private swim clubs at a cost of around $700 per season. We are very fortunate to
have our own facility.
Orchard Brook Board, Pool Chair
We are excited to share a few updates related to the pool operations for the upcoming season. Our pool operations will be managed by Chicagoland Pool Management, an independent firm that serves many other communities such as Orchard Brook. They offer enhanced training techniques that will benefit our community.
- if you or someone you know are interested in a lifeguard position at Orchard Brook this season please visit https://www.chicagoland-pmg.com/summer-job-application to complete the online application.
- Lifeguards are responsible for obtaining their certification. Class are also offered on the website listed above.
- Please contact Leslie Clark (HR Director) if you have any questions at email@example.com or by phone at 630-388-8799