2019 Pool Update
Welcome to the 2019 Orchard Brook Pool Season. Maureen Vondrasek will be our pool manager again this year and we are anticipating having another great and safe pool season this year!
Opening Day: Saturday May 25, 2019 at 10:00 am
Weather permitting the pool hours for opening weekend and the following week are:
- Saturday May 25
- 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Sunday May 26
- 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Monday May 27: Memorial Day
- 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Tuesday May 28 – Thursday May 30
- 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday May 31
- 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday June 1 starts regular pool hours for the season:
- Saturday-Sunday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Monday – Friday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Please note that the pool does not open unless the temperature is at least 70.
- If the pool is closed due to inclement weather, it does not re-open that day.
- Anthony’s Place will be open again this year for concessions. We will continue utilizing the Clubhouse deck for concession sales, especially on busy weekends. This will add some additional seating and for both pool time and swim team events. We would like to utilize the deck and picnic area as well as the new deck for all food and snacks, whether purchased at the pool or brought in. This will help keep the pool deck litter free. Please consider utilizing these designated areas for food. No Glass allowed in pool area.
- Swim Lessons are available. please go to Swim Lessons for more information
- Swim Team has openings for registration. please go to Swim Team site for more information.
- Adult swim will be scheduled M-F from 5:45 – 6:30 pm unless there is a swim meet. Swim meets this year are on June 6, 11, 18, 20, 27 and July 9.
- An additional open lap swim between the hours of 11:00 am – 12:00 pm. This is not an open swim, it will be dedicated to any swimmers, of all ages to use the pool for lap swim.
- Baby Pool Just a reminder that the baby pool is for toddlers and children under 7… This includes adult swim time. There is NO lifeguard in the baby pool. Parents MUST be with children at all times.
- Gaga Pit Back again for 2019 Ball donations are accepted and needed.
- Guests Guest Pass is $4 per person. If you have a group of 10 people or more the cost is $3 per guest or you can by a block of 10 passes for $30 ($3 per guest). All guests are required to pay the $4 fee whether they are swimming or not.
- It is very important that all guests pay to use the pool this summer. This money supplements our pool and $4 is a bargain for a day of sun and fun at our pool.
- WiFi will be available at the pool and , password is OBPOOL89.
Questions may be directed to our Pool Manager : email email@example.com or Susan Smith Orchard Brook Board Member responsible for Pool Operations, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maureen Vondrasek will continue to be our pool manager for this 2018 season. With her positive experiences last season, Maureen has made some nice improvements and continues to promote a safe, clean and friendly environment at our pool.
We are Hiring Life Guards. Please go to Life guard site for application. We are also offering a Lifeguard class with Kris Busse on May 18-19. please contact Kris directly to sign up for the class.
We will be conducting ongoing Lifeguard in servicing and training every other Monday night from 8:00-10:00pm. Please see Pool jobs for application.
2019 Orchard Brook Homeowners Association Lifeguard Procedures
About the pool
Come on in… the water’s GREAT!
Orchard Brook maintains a complex of two heated swimming pools for the benefit of residents. There is a 25-yard lap pool and a kiddie pool. The pools (like the club house) are largely paid for by the annual assessment, with additional funding from guest fees and other pool activities.
The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Swimming lessons are available. There is a swim team for youngsters ages 5-18.
The pool is one of the features that makes Orchard Brook unique. Downers Grove
does not have a public, outdoor swimming facility, and many residents join local
private swim clubs at a cost of around $700 per season. We are very fortunate to
have our own facility.